Thursday, February 18, 2010

Toilet Valve Rubber Washer My American Standard One Piece Toilet Still Runs After Fixes.?

My American Standard one piece toilet still runs after fixes.? - toilet valve rubber washer

My only piece (Model of Lexington, about 12 years old) toilet takes about 2 to 3 times per day. I replaced the rubber () of the lid and place a rubber washer at the opening of the new (which is fixed with screws), when the valve is attached, the water is exhausted when flushed. Maybe I should tighten the screws a little more, but everything is very tight. I thought these two questions, which disintegrated in my hands, would be the solution. Ideas? (Valve Kit # 47397-0070A) If you are in this part of the large rubber washer on the bottom view of the valve is replaced.
Thank you.

1 comment:

bob f said...

On-STD-accessories can be a real headache, even for many plumbers. It is imperative that you buy only the parts. They are expensive, and I learned it many years ago that the parts do not work in general very good. After aging, it helps to find some parts. Once I had to rebuild, nine of them on a large ranch. He had flown in parts of four states. Not even try to imagine how the bill. I am sure that it does not consider so important to the farmer, because only one question, passed without. Are not you glad that you are not 9 bathrooms? Hope this helps.

Post a Comment